Blogger Stats - awesome new service

If you are using Blogger for your blog here is something very cool and user-friendly that was recently released; Blogger Stats. This new service, a new tab on your dashboard, lets you see real-time data such as the most popular posts, the number of page views for each post, the total number of page views, a breakdown of page views by country and much more. Blogger Stats is only available if you use Blogger in Draft, a playground where Blogger tests many new features.

Here are a couple of examples:

Real time -page views by countries, browsers and OS
From yesterday, N. of visitors, visitors per post, traffic sources, visitors' origin
I think it is much less complex than Google Analytics and it show real time data instead of being updated every hour. It also shows that Google listens to us as many users have been asking for this sort of feature for quite a while now.


Check it out.

10 comments:

  1. now that's something !
    better than going through the hassle of third party analtycs apps :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been playing with it a bit lately. I like it, and I like the real-time updating as well. What I don't like is I can't drill-down to countries like I can on Analytics. For example, I like to know where in the USA my visitors are coming from. I like to know if I'm getting traffic from Sohar and Salalah, or just Muscat. Etc. Etc.

    But in general - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See i was checking it while you guys were commenting and it is not super accurate as Sythe says but i prefer it compared to Analytics. It also said that since i tweeted it (few secs ago) 5 visitors were from twitter; like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason I don't have this feature in my blog!
    there is no stats tab in my settings !
    according to http://blog.louisgray.com/2010/07/blogger-rolls-out-real-time-stats-for.html it's in Blogger Draft mode, under the "Stats" tab which I don't see O.o
    any idea why is that? am still searching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, it is only available if you have blogger in draft as default dashboard. Did you try the link on the post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops I thought I was using blogger in draft!
    now it's working thanx :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just after I bought the book "How to make Google love your website" (and seeing that I made a lot of faults) I now found your blog - and I will follow it, because it is very informative. Thanks! Britta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Britta, thanks for that. I'm sure your book is also full of himts and tips, maybe you can share some with us? I'd love to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.