How to get more readers for your blog

Alltop.com, created by Guy Kawasaki in 2008, has become a very popular tool where anyone can submit a blog/news site to. In simple words it is a mix between a blog search engine and blog/headline aggregator. 
The internet is a really useful resource, however staying up to date and sifting through it all can be very difficult and time consuming; that’s when Alltop comes to the rescue. It has been designed to make it easy to find out exactly what’s going on in any specific topic and it is automatically updated every hour.
To register is very simple and fast; the one page submission form allows you to request which section to be listed on, and both your URL and RSS feed. Within a day, they'll advise of acceptance or refusal. If accepted, your blog is opened to a huge audience.
I highly recommend Alltop for three main reasons:
1) it is a great resource
2) you’ll  be opening your blog up to a global audience and 
3) it is free. 

However getting listed can be a little tough I read.
As you might have noticed from the badge Oman Collective Intelligence has been recognised and accepted as one of the BEST BLOGS IN THE WORLD, if not the universe...;). In fact if you check this link, where all the big boys are, at the bottom of the list (and i mean the very bottom) you'll find O.C.I.


7 comments:

  1. They have an expat section and way down you will find us http://expats.alltop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Guy Kawasaki is the most read name in my twitter account :)

    Most the feeds from alltop are coming from the top rank blog/website already...

    anyway, just a suggestion to get more readers - use social networking to promote your website, submit your post to design community if your post is about design... and run a giveaway/contest..

    with regards to contest, I am open for collaboration... just contact me, we can giveaway tshirts from online... domain or even hosting account

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okey so I guess, we will start at the very bottom - check this out http://web-design.alltop.com/ I used my other blog though(orphicpixel.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool....it's a long way up but hopefully one day we'll all be up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about alltop.com. I like that the site is divided into subdomains which ensures that the link you recieve is from a relevant context. It's great for reading the site too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest

    authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a

    lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly
    benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
    I look forward to

    hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

    Here is my blog post; www.faithfreedom.org
    My website :: Spain weather September

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.