15 years of Hotmail

Hotmail was launched fifteen years ago on 4th of July, marking the independence from generic emailing services, and was promptly acquired by Microsoft which improved it over the years and made it the most popular e-mail service worldwide.

Hotmail today serves 360 million users. I remember creating my first Hotmail account in 1998...or 1999? 

Remember all those logos? I never saw the first two really.

A lot of people are saying that email usage is in decline but Microsoft recently said that Hotmail users share 1.5 billion photos a month, and that is a huge number of photos! E-mails will be with us for a long while.


5 comments:

  1. what 15 years? i can't believe i am this old :) I started using it when it is still with the developer from India, then sold to microsoft, now.. i am no longer using it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still use the hotmail account I set up in April 1997 :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. time flies when your ruling the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, time is flying. And I'm also not using it anymore...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.