Social Celebrities - Rasha Al Madani

It’s time for another Oman's Social Celebrity. This time the spotlight is on Rasha Al Madani. 
I've not known Rasha for long but I can assure she’s a delightful person with lots of positive attitude, people skills and she's definitely a great host! 
Let’s find out more about Rasha:
Workaholic, socialmediaholic & chocoholic. I enjoy traveling and experiencing good quality of food. Love the color purple & I collect fridge magnets.
Current place of work?
Shangri-la's Barr Al Jissah Resorts & Spa as Restaurants Marketing Manager.
How did your passion for social media start?
I appreciate technology and I like everything with screens. I especially love smart phones and when they came up with touch screens!
Have you ever thought it could become your ‘real’ job?
Well, it is a big part of my job as social media took over 'word of mouth'. It has the power in translating your marketing plan into image and audios, with a personal message that can reach faster different categories of members and followers.
What’s your favourite platform?
Each platform targets a different criteria of users, for a successful marketing campaign it's advisable to cover them all. On a personal level, I find Instagram user friendly as it delivers the message just as I want it to be.
What’s the biggest challenge you had to face?
The biggest challenge was/is to make the previous generation understand the impact of social media as a strong influence to community.
And the biggest satisfaction?
My biggest satisfaction is when I run social media campaigns and see the revenue numbers increasing. Receiving positive feedback from a satisfied guest or visitors is also very rewarding.
How many hours a day do you spend on social media?
Most people are online between 8-11am and 5-10pm and then you have the night owls from 12 on-wards. I observe and interact in between those hours but I try to avoid spending more than 12 hours a day.
Who’s the person you read/follow the most online?
I follow and read "aishalaqatta", "fatsu", "everydayh", "muscat mutterings" and definitely "oman collective intelligence".
If you were not into social media, what would you be doing?
I'd be interacting in a more natural way.


Well done to Rasha, you're now into the 'celebrities circle'! 
If you missed previous Oman’s Social Celebrities then check out Nicole Bassit and Riyadh Al-Balushi.

1 comments:

  1. Being a celebrity is having the power to really implement positive change in the world, and it gives you the power to do what you want. I may have been working and missed my moments of glory.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.