Social Celebrities - Al Sayyida Mayya

I’m glad to be getting such great response from most Oman celebrities I’ve contacted. This week I’m delighted to highlight a top blogger, with her own YouTube channel, and of course very popular on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook; Mayya. 
Let’s find out more about her:
A loving mother of 2 daughters with a passion for sewing, with a strong belief in looking for the silver lining in every situation who aims to inspire and spread positivity, whilst remaining forever young at heart.
Current place of work?
Water and Power sector – Yeah I know!!
How did your passion for social media started?
My passion to be connected started with my passion to create “sewing” I started a blog (www.sewchicandunique.com), which then led to twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Have you ever thought it could become your 'real' job?
It currently isn't but I would love to do it as my full time job. Who wouldn't want to do something they love and get paid for it?
What's your favourite platform?
My favorite would have to be Instagram (@thesewist) because I love how spontaneous it is and we all know a picture is worth a thousand words.
What's the biggest challenge you had to face?
Starting my YouTube channel was the biggest risk and challenge. I started my channel back in 2009 now being in Oman and doing YouTube videos was a big shock and still is to many Omanis! However now with over 6K followers I am glad to still be standing lol.
And the biggest satisfaction?
The biggest satisfaction is definitely being seen as  role model for the young generation. People come up to me and thank me for not only being being such a positive influence but for also inspiring  them to follow their passion.
How many hours a day do you spend on social media?
I have never really counted the hours I spend on a daily basis, however as I mentioned there are different platforms that I use.
Who's the person you read/follow the most online?
Since I am very visual I am a BIG Pinterest fan and love being inspired by what I see. However on instagram I tend to follow different people for various things the in Oman I follow @karimafarid for her positivity, @halima_82 for her recommendations and @aishelqatta to know the happenings of Oman.
If you were not into social media, what would you be doing?
I would be a fashion designer or an interior decorator.

Well done Mayya, a person with an always positive attitude and contagious smile!
Previous social media Celebrities in Oman:  Nicole BassitRiyadh Al-BalushiRasha Al Madani and Fahmi Al Ma'Awali.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see lovely Mayya featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to read stories about celebrities and see them all the time on the news when they started out as the boy or girl next door and have made it big.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.