I want my Facebook friends and fans back!

If you use Facebook you must have noticed that you’re not seeing as much updates from brands you ‘liked’ or even from some of your closest friends and family members. How is that possible?
Since last August, when Facebook began testing a newer ‘News Feed’, status updates now reach on average just 15% of a page’s fans. The reason is simple; Facebook wants more of your money as FB 'Master-Mind Advertising Director', Gokul Rajaram, explains; “if you want to speak to the other 80 to 85% of people who signed up to hear from you, “sponsoring posts is important.”
Sponsoring posts is important? Let’s do some math and discover why it is so important. I’ll take Oman Collective Intelligence’s FB page (even though is not the best example as, unlike most businesses, it is not my primary channel) and I’ll assume that I update my status daily, just as most businesses do.
Look at this screenshot below and you'll see that one of my previous updates reached 305 people, just over 20% of my fans, while in theory it should have reached them all.

As you see from the next screenshot in order to reach all my fans I'll need promote my post and pay $5 per day.

If you multiply $5 into 30 days my monthly ‘investment’ for a ‘sponsored story’ would be $150, while for the whole year would be $1,825. Now, you can imagine how much that amount would increase if I had tens of thousands of fans and/or if I wanted to post more than once daily. I would need hundreds of thousands of $$$$$.
So why do we need to pay for something we used to get for free? Most importantly, why can’t we access our friends any longer? The answer is simple, 86% of Facebook’s current revenue comes from advertising with its primary ‘social’ ad product now generating $1 million in revenue per day, about half of which comes from mobile. Facebook is greedy and wants more of it.
Personally I'll never pay for promoting a story and I'll look into more creative options to suggest to some of the brands I assist on social media. There is another aspect though which concerns me, and should concern Facebook too, and that is product quality, i.e. improving Facebook. The beauty of social media is that is done by people, managed by people, written by people, and all those people exchange information, enjoy conversations and interact. Having lots of ads, therefore a strong corporate presence on people News Feeds, won't make FB as genuine as it is supposed to be and will put lots of people off.
Call it capitalism, call it extortion, call it betrayal, call it monopoly...or simply call it Facebook. Take it or leave it.

1 comments:

  1. my name is CYNTHIA MORGAN,from RUSSIA,BUT I BASE HERE IN HONG KONG.i want every one on this site or forum to join me to
    thank this DR OKODUWA,THE SPELL CASTER. WITH EMAIL ADDRESS AS: drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com for what he just did
    for me and my kids . my story goes like this i was married to my
    husband for 5 years we were living happily together for these years and
    not until he traveled to Italy for a business trip where he met this
    prostitute who be-witched him to hate me and my kids and love her only.

    when my husband came back from the trip he said he does not want to
    see me and my kids again so he drove us out of the house without offended him, and was
    going to Italy to see the other woman that be-witched him. so i and my kids were so frustrated and i was just staying with my mom.

    and i was not being treated good because my mom got married to another man when my
    dad died. so the man she got married to was not treating me and my
    kids well and i was so confused and i was searching for a way to get my
    husband back to me, so one day, as i was browsing on the
    internet, i saw a testimony about this MAN DR OKODUWA of email address as
    drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com I saw the testimony shared on the internet by a lady

    and i was impress me too of her testimonies,so i also think of given it a try at first,because
    i was so frustrated what myself and my kids where passing through. so i decided to

    contact DR OKODUWA BY EMAIL THE LADY DROP WHICH IS drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com

    and be hold,DR OKODUWA told me to stay calm for just two days that my
    husband shall be restored to me.

    he said that he will cast a spell for me and i will also see the power of the spell and his great temple,
    and after the casting of the spell every things will be okay so he said,

    after he has cast spell for me, to my biggest surprise i received a
    call from my husband on the following day after the spell has been casted,asking after me and the kids, and i
    called DR OKODUWA immediately,and he said my child,your problem has been solved already . so this
    was how i get my family back after a long stress of brake up by an
    evil lady so with all this help from DR OKODUWA of
    drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com i want you all on this forum to
    join me to say a big thanks to DR OKODUWA.And any one in such or
    similar problems or any kind of problems such as the listed bellow should contact him.

    1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
    yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
    (10)if you want to stop your divorce.
    (11)if you want to divorce your husband.
    (12)if you want your wishes to be granted.
    (13) Pregnancy spell to conceive baby
    (14)Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what stage
    (15)Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
    once again the email address is drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com
    (16)Do you want to recover your money back???
    (17)If you want to win court case,contact him as well.
    (18) He also treat Ebola virus Patience.
    (19) He also cure HIV spiritually.
    drokoduwaspellcaster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.