Hi magazine. An online mystery.

Every week I read, like many of you, Hi magazine. Something caught my attention in the past weeks. In each issue, usually in the first pages, there is a section dedicated to the readers, with their letters to the editor as well as the messages they send through Facebook and Twitter. Nothing strange here really as most papers do it, here are a couple of scanned images from past issues:


According to what it says above the Facebook and Twitter URLs are facebook.com/hi_oman and @hi_oman. I visited both so that i could become a fan/follower too but I discovered that they don’t exist! I've asked around and found out that both Facebook and Twitter have different addresses; check them out here...Hi on Facebook and Hi on Twitter. Both have been updated once, or maybe twice, since December 2011 and there's pretty much zero interaction. 

Strange, isn't it?
It got me more intrigued...I checked on the people who left comments on Hi’s wall and,  guess what, they also don’t exist. The various people named in the above images like Mahindra PPRachel ParnsFannyfastKhalid76ar do not seem to be on Facebook. And the same applies for the tweeps like @hallook@grongii@Mefreak@sophiebaby, etc.

Even stranger isn't it?

Another Facebook (and this time Twitter too) mystery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.