Muscat Confidential identity revealed

If you read blogs in Oman you certainly know Muscat Confidential, also known as the Undercover Dragon, and you must have wondered who was writing the best and the most interesting blog in Oman until sometime ago when he/she left the country.
I sort of started trying to find out his identity and with time I really got into it. But I always failed.
I did some research and learnt how to bypass proxy servers and build Tor circuits. I used intermediate nodes and avoided rendezvous points. I tried everything but always failed. The Undercover Dragon definitely knows his/her stuff.
When everything seemed a huge waste of time I was suddenly able to acquire the encryption keys and algorithm seeds. From then on it was easy; I managed to decrypt the traffic between the exit node and the target server, and found the network identity. 
At this point I had the network identification and location address, and finally got the name of this person and even the Facebook profile (I could not believe my eyes).
A long story short (took me about three years).

Curious to know? Take a look for yourself, you’ll be very surprised.

9 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I had a moment of "coda di paglia" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! I wonder what UD will say when he sees this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, funny;p

    I don't want to know really. People always ask you do you know that blogger or that one, and I've never wanted to know the 'the dragon' just because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always knew it was me! Just waiting for confirmation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justice will prevail
    Truth will reveal
    Patience will heal
    A judgement of zeal

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.