Toyota Oman launches its new Facebook page

Today in one of the local papers I saw this:

Cool I said, will check the new Toyota page immediately as they will surely have a cool page. Most car brands have really good Facebook pages, with great eye-catchy graphics, virtual test drives, promotions, competitions, etc.

To my great disappointment the page has nothing as such, all you can find is  a few links  (some of them not even working) and videos only. 

I understand it might be fashionable to be on Facebook, but if you want to be on it do it properly. Why don’t they include contact details for instance? Or someone to get in touch with for a test drive? Or even a nice page with all models and prices. Does it take that much? 

Lastly, the page is not new as it states on the press release but was opened in 2010. My questions is: what do they expect people to do when seeing this page? And is it that newsworthy for the paper's editor to publish it?

Anyway, the Toyota spokesperson seems to be pleased with the page and the response received....as long as they're happy I'm happy too.

This is general Toyota USA page and this is Toyota Oman, spot the difference.


6 comments:

  1. toyota/scion motors is my new favorite company...ever. haha
    they just sponsored an amazing heavy metal festival so now I owe them my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very best and fine company i like and respect all teams members
    best http://everydayagri.blogspot.com/regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Oman-Collective,
    your insight is so important for everything one does: trying to make a little extra effort (one need not to be perfect, that would be stressful and ridiculous) - but showing that one cares will be felt by others.
    By the way: I decided to bundle all my blogs together on www.youarewittyandpretty.blogspot.com - so now you will find new posts (including "Gardening in High Heels" and the Berlin posts from my own website www.brigittahuegel.de) on this blog, and I will be very happy when you become a follower there and change my blog on your blog roll. Thank you! Britta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britta, long time! Glad you still come and check OCI from time to time. Will check your new blog immediately...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. everydayagri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of similar things from all over the world. Toyota makes use of localized pages for each regional market or country.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.